1Password 7 BETA-8 Chrome extension stopped filing

Options

I’m using macOS High Sierra v10.13.4 with Google Chrome v65.0.3325.181 with 1Password v7.0.BETA-8 and my login information stopped filling. I now have to manually copy and paste the login information in.

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-8
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password 7 not filling

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jsugarstuff,

Well the good news is I don't believe it's an issue specific to the beta as filling is working fine for me but that still means we need to determine why it isn't working for you. You're definitely running an up-to-date version of the 1Password beta but can you check to make sure there are no pending updates for Chrome please. If it's in the middle of an update and needs restarted to complete the update that can stop the extension from working. The reason is 1Password can't tell the difference between a legitimate pending update to Chrome and a compromised browser so it behaves as if the browser can't be trusted. Google's support page, Update Google Chrome will show you how to complete the update process without losing any open tabs.

If that doesn't resolve the issue can you try a complete restart of 1Password just to see if it's got itself into a weird state. From the main 1Password window the keyboard shortcut ⌃⌥⌘Q will quit 1Password entirely and then you need to launch it. Does filling return after that or is it still broken?

• jsugarstuff
    jsugarstuff
    Community Member
    Options

I generally use the rule "if in doubt, restart" when it comes to software. That didn't fix the issue though, but then it started working again when I left for a while and came back. Maybe it was in the middle of an update like you mention. Good news is it's function as it should again.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @jsugarstuff,

It's probably terrible how often such a simple action can help but what can you do - computers eh? :lol: Hopefully whatever the cause was turns out to be a one-off blip but should it return please do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.