Filling in this the details section gets a code exception (403)

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Junior Member
Community Member

After filling in about 45 words in this field, a popup says {"Code":403, "Exception": "You need the Garden.Community.Manage permission to do that.","Class":"Gdn_UserException"

Comments

• Hi @jhunkins,

Which field are you filling in? Where are you seeing this error? Do you have a screenshot?

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jhunkins: And are you using any special/Unicode characters when you type that? There aren't any I'm aware of that could cause a problem, but I'd like to rue it out.

Also, since we've had no other reports of anything like this, I wonder if something is simply different about your browser setup. Which browser version are you using, and do you have other extensions/software which might be interfering? Content blockers, or something modifying the web page, for example. Thanks in advance! :)

• [Deleted User]
    Community Member

I have attached a screen shot. Nothing special this time, just normal typing. It happened three times in a row. Tried 2 times with the same message and then another time to file this one. I found that I could load this one from the drafts list and Post Comment without trying to type anything into it.
    Safari 11.1, Mac OS 10.13.4.
    I had entered a comment before with no issues but it was shorter. It feel like the error is happening about the same point into the comment with the two different ones.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jhunkins: Just to clarify, this is happening to you when typing in the message body field? I'm just not able to reproduce that here. Does the same thing happen to you in another browser, or on another device? Your most recent message is 497 characters, so I'm a bit perplexed by this.

• [Deleted User]
    Community Member

It might have been just for a limited period of time. At that time I tried it with both Safari and Chrome - both had the issue.

As you noted, my last post was long enough where it should have hit this. And I just entered the original post that I was trying to do when this happened - no issues this time.

So I suspect that this was a temporary issue somewhere server side at the time which appears to have cleared up.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, very odd. I'm sorry for the inconvenience there, but glad to hear all is well for you now. Be sure to let us know if you encounter further issues though!

This discussion has been closed.