Auto fill passwords in Andriods apps

TimTDP
TimTDP
Community Member

I have the 1Password app on my Android mobile phone. How do I use 1Password to fill in login details in Android apps?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TimTDP: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Autofill is possible only in apps that support Google's autofill APIs. Otherwise you can use the 1Password Keyboard to fill. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• TimTDP
    TimTDP
    Community Member

Thank you.
    How do I know if an app supports Google's autofill API?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TimTDP: I don't think most apps advertise this, but if you have autofill enabled for 1Password, and apps that support it will give you the option when you tap in a login form there, like this:

And when you enter login credentials yourself in an app that supports autofill, 1Password will offer to save them. :)

• TimTDP
    TimTDP
    Community Member

Thank you.
    So if app doesn't support autofill, I should use 1Password keyboard, like this:

To switch to the 1Password keyboard:

Tap the username field to bring up the keyboard.
    Tap the keyboard icon in the bottom right and choose the 1Password keyboard.

But I don't see the keyboard icon!

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TimTDP: It's an actual keyboard you'll need to have enabled in Android. If your device doesn't have a keyboard icon for you, you may need to switch in Settings. Sometimes there's a "globe" icon, or holding the Spacebar may allow you to switch. It really depends on your setup.

This discussion has been closed.