1Password X Beta 1.6.7 not filling in Citibank credit card login page

I'm running the 1.6.7 beta on Firefox Developer Edition 60.0b12. I'm using a Retina MacBookPro, 15", Late 2013, 2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, OS X 10.13.2. Autofill of the login name works fine, but the password field then only gets one character of a 30 character password. The page URL is https://online.citi.com/US/login.do?JFP_TOKEN=OH6AK1R1.

Here is a screenshot:

1Password Version: 1Password X Beta
Extension Version: 1.6.7
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: N/A

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Dr_T: Hmm. It's filling there for me in both Chrome and Firefox. Check your login item. Are you certain that the username is saved there? Citi has long done some weird stuff with **** in the username field, so it's worth looking into. Let me know!

• Dr_T
    Dr_T
    Community Member

I know the problem. It's confusion among the databases comprising 1P7, 1P7 extension, and 1PX beta extension. When I checked all the databases, I did, in fact, find a password that had only a single character. Correcting it fixed the problem, which was my own creation.

This brings up a more general user experience comment: I am finding it harder to use the stand-alone 1P7 Mac app AND the 1PX together than just using the stand-alone app. My vault loads much faster when I open it from 1P7 than it does on the web (and I do have a very fast ISP). I use 1P for all my password, login, license, sensitive information, much of which has nothing to do with websites per se, so I don't need to be, nor want to be, in a browser to access these data.

However, for strict browsing purposes, I find 1PX superior to the stand-alone app in its ease of use, e.g, the ability to select password information from the icon in a webpage entry box, its speed (which is lightning fast compared to the standalone app), the ability to generate new passwords from the entry box, etc.

So....maybe for some users all they need would be 1PX and for other just 1P7 and for others both. I guess if you want to pursue a subscription user model than the 1PX platform is great. However, for those who just want to buy an app and use it until they don't want to do so anymore, or upgrade periodically, 1P7 may be better.

Just some thoughts from a sample number of 1!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I know the problem. It's confusion among the databases comprising 1P7, 1P7 extension, and 1PX beta extension. When I checked all the databases, I did, in fact, find a password that had only a single character. Correcting it fixed the problem, which was my own creation.

@Dr_T: Definitely don't blame yourself. Glad that was the cause though, and that helped!

This brings up a more general user experience comment: I am finding it harder to use the stand-alone 1P7 Mac app AND the 1PX together than just using the stand-alone app. My vault loads much faster when I open it from 1P7 than it does on the web (and I do have a very fast ISP). I use 1P for all my password, login, license, sensitive information, much of which has nothing to do with websites per se, so I don't need to be, nor want to be, in a browser to access these data.

I'm sorry to interrupt already, but I think it's worth pointing out that no matter how fast your ISP and/or 1Password X is, it still runs entirely within the browser and has to communicate with the server for a lot of its functionality. The 1Password apps, like 1Password for Mac, with their local databases and native code, will always be faster...unless native apps die someday and we're all only using web apps! :)

However, for strict browsing purposes, I find 1PX superior to the stand-alone app in its ease of use, e.g, the ability to select password information from the icon in a webpage entry box, its speed (which is lightning fast compared to the standalone app), the ability to generate new passwords from the entry box, etc.

Thank you for the kind words about 1Password X! We're really proud of how far it's come in a short time, and it's really exciting to try out some new ideas there. It's interesting to me that you find it faster for the way you use it (at least in these examples). You may find that ⌘ \ helps speed up login filling for you with the Mac app, but we will work to make the Mac app easier to use and 1Password X faster in other areas too so that hopefully they'll both be much closer in the future.

So....maybe for some users all they need would be 1PX and for other just 1P7 and for others both. I guess if you want to pursue a subscription user model than the 1PX platform is great. However, for those who just want to buy an app and use it until they don't want to do so anymore, or upgrade periodically, 1P7 may be better. Just some thoughts from a sample number of 1!

This is really great feedback! It's definitely a bit confusing and a more difficult choice than we'd like it to be right now. But as time goes on we'll be taking the best things about both and using them everywhere we can to improve the experience for everyone. And who knows, perhaps someday the two will be able to work together directly. The possibilities are endless, and I'm glad you're here with us on our quest to make 1Password the best it can be. Cheers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.