1Password failing to launch after the 10.13.4 security update 2018-001

michael_pinkston
michael_pinkston
Community Member

Can't use 1Password now. Problem just started when I applied the security update 2018-001 for MacOS 10.13.4. I have rebooted MacOS, shutdown and restarted, no positive result. Anyone else see similar problems? Also having problems with other apps as well like NetNewsWire.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@michael_pinkston: That's really odd. I haven't seen other reports and it's working here for me, but it's interesting that you're having similar issues with other apps. What do they have in common? Are they perhaps all from the Mac App Store? Something may have gotten messed up there. Often signing out, rebooting, and signing back in can help. And there's no harm in installing a fresh copy of 1Password since the data is stored separately. Let me know what you find!

• Larry_Haden
    Larry_Haden
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

I am having a similar problem. Returned from vacation and noticed MAC 10.13.4 Security Update 2018-001 was installed. Since then, I have to manually type in user IDs and passwords for all my logins (using Safari 11.1); auto logins still work on my iPhone just not on the MAC. I have also tried rebooting, etc with no luck. I noticed that under 1Password 5 Browser Extensions it indicates "Install Browser Extensions". If I click on the link it indicates to "Install 1Password for Safari", is this something I should try?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Larry_Haden: Are you really using 1Password 5? That's probably the issue.

• Larry_Haden
    Larry_Haden
    Community Member

I purchased my license back in 2014 and never had a problem. Are you saying that 1Password 5 is no longer supported and that to resolve the problem I must upgrade?

• Larry_Haden
    Larry_Haden
    Community Member

I updated to 1Password 6.8.9 and everything is working. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Larry_Haden: 1Password 5 was discontinued about two and a half years ago — early 2016 — when 1Password 6 was released. So, yes, I'd suggest upgrading. If you purchased a license for 1Password 4 or 5, that is valid for 1Password 6. 1Password 7 is imminent, and that will be a paid upgrade.

You may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Regarding your specific issue, since 1Password 5 was discontinued long before Safari 11 (and other current browsers versions) existed, it is not compatible with them. if you purchased from the Mac App Store, you'll need to update there; if you purchased directly from the AgileBits Store, you can download the latest version from our website:

https://1password.com/downloads/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.