How does the business/family account work

Options

If I enroll my company in 1password business account which each user gets a complimentary families account, how does the families account ownership work? It says something about it being linked to the business account but how does that work and what happens to the families account after you leave the company? Is it revoked/Locked out? Are admins from the business accounts able to extract data from the families account?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ChesterCopperpot,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. This page may help:

https://support.1password.com/link-family/

The only link between the 1Password Business account and the 1Password Families account is the code mentioned in that guide. You need to login to your account within the 1Password Business membership to generate the code, and if your account within the business is terminated the code is invalidated. What happens after that is that the 1Password Families membership billing reverts to whatever was set up prior to the 1Password Business code being applied.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• ChesterCopperpot
    ChesterCopperpot
    Community Member
    Options

Ahhhhh i see. My apologies, I completely missed that page which directly answered my question. Thank you for your quick response.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ChesterCopperpot - on behalf of Ben, you're quite welcome! Glad he was able to assist you. :)

This discussion has been closed.