Remove Multiple Tags

mata7
mata7
Community Member

hi i have about 150 login on my account and i will like to know if is a way of removing Multiple Tags at once because going one by one is a pain, if i select let say 5 accounts i cannot remove tags from those account i have to do it separately one by one

english is not my first language, thank you very much in advanced

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mata7: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! If you right-click a tag in the sidebar, you can Delete it from there. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mata7
    mata7
    Community Member

hi thanks for you help, can you please tell me how, if i select all and right-click i dont have remove tags

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mata7: You posted in the category for the stable version of 1Password for Mac, so I assumed that's what you have. Which OS and 1Password versions are you using?

• mata7
    mata7
    Community Member

i use macOS High Sierra and 1Password 6 Version 6.8.8 (688002)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mata7: Thanks! This is what you're looking for:

Does that help? :)

• mata7
    mata7
    Community Member

omg thank you, in front of me and i never see it, again thanks a lot for you help

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mata7 - on behalf of brenty, you're quite welcome. Glad he was able to assist! :)

• RustyS
    RustyS
    Community Member

Was this feature removed in 1 Password 7 for Mac? I'm running Version 7.2.2 (70202006) and the only options I'm seeing in the right-click menu for a tag are "Rename" and "Remove Redundant"

There's a similar thread in the Windows forum:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/79427/remove-tags-from-multiple-items-coming-in-a-future-update

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RustyS: That Windows thread is from last year. In 1Password for Windows versions released since then, you can right click selected items to add or remove a tag from all of them.

Regarding 1Password for Mac, can you provide some information about your setup? I'm able to remove tags from the sidebar:

But maybe you're using a different OS or vault type than I am.

• RustyS
    RustyS
    Community Member

I'm on Mac OS 10.14.1 Mojave. I suspect that this issue is dependent on the type of vault. When I posted last week, I was using the default "Primary" vault (synced to 1Password account). Now that I've turned on "Preferences -> Advanced -> Local Vaults: Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts", I'm able to delete tags from my Local Vault, so I'm unblocked. Hope this helps!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@RustyS - thanks for the update, but if you were using a Primary vault previously, then a) it was already local and b) it's not part of a 1password.com account. So I doubt that had anything to do with the issue. Nevertheless, I'm glad to hear you're now able to remove tags from the sidebar.

This discussion has been closed.