To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

My Computer Died and I need to move everything to another computer

Options
kellywsmith
kellywsmith
Community Member

My Mac computer died last week and I had to steal my Wife's computer. She is not happy about it. I'm not happy for several reasons, but in this case I don't have access to my 1Password files and have to keep accessing my phone to see what they are. How can I get my account on this computer?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Wifi

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @kellywsmith,

I’m sorry to hear about the computer. It is never fun when hardware we rely on dies. :( As for getting 1Password set up on a different computer that is going to be a bit variable. The first step is going to be to download 1Password. Where you download it from depends on where you bought it from.

• If you bought directly from us (you have a license file) you can download 1Password here: https://1password.com/downloads/
    • If you bought from Apple you’ll download in the App Store app after signing in using the same Apple ID you used to make the original purchase.

Once you have 1Password installed you’ll need to set up syncing with your phone: https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

I hope that helps!

Ben

• kellywsmith
    kellywsmith
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, but then it shows that I have multiple copies of 1Password and won't let me install. They are on external drives that have backups of my other computer and I don't want to delete them. Now what do I do?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2018
    Options

1Password for Mac may not work properly with multiple copies installed, even if they’re on external drives. We do not recommend backing up the 1Password application itself. Your data is stored separately from the desktop application. You can either disconnect the external drive(s) or delete the 1Password application from it/them.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.