Old topic...Family Members can now create vaults...icon loss.

Options
cruise2001
cruise2001
Community Member

Hello,

This is a follow up from https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/375421#Comment_375421

In the aforementioned post, it was stated the a migration for 'older' accounts to allow this feature of Member vault creation would result in a loss of custom icons.

I am curious if this is till the case?

Thanks!
/joe

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cruise2001 - unfortunately, yes. As brenty said in that previous thread, there just isn't any way around this, under current circumstances.

• cruise2001
    cruise2001
    Community Member
    Options

:'( Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• cruise2001
    cruise2001
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I noticed on my 1Password for Mac, when I go to edit the icon associated with a record, I can select 'Recents', and view all my previous icons. Is there a local data folder that contains those that I could backup, and restore later?

It's understandable that I will need to 're-map' the icons to the correct record later...(IF I go ahead with the 'migration') :) .

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cruise2001: If there is, I haven't been able to find it. I'm not sure how or where Apple stores the recent icons, which are also used in that same chooser for things like user accounts. Worst case scenario, you could take a screenshot of them and pull them out of that. Not great, but better than nothing. :(

This discussion has been closed.