Default start page on iOS 6s screen only shows "Start my trial" option

Options
Greig
Greig
Community Member

I recently had cause to delete the app from my iPhone 6s and reinstall. I ended up with v7.0.6 and this is what greeted me the first time I ran it:

It took me a while - and an unnecessary new subscription - before realising I could have swiped up from this screen for the options I was seeking. It's MIGHTY pretty, but that comes at the expense of useability.

I repeated the process on my iPad and it revealed more of the text lower-down the page, which prompted me to swipe & find the prompts I required to get me back online.

According to Apple the iPhones 6, 7 & 8 all have the same sized screen, so this looks to have been a deliberate design choice and not just a sizing accident on my 2yo phone:
https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/DeviceInformation/Reference/iOSDeviceCompatibility/Displays/Displays.html

May I please request you take a whip and a chair to the front-end team and tell them that they should sully this image with an arrow pointing down or some other indication that there's more on this page than just "Start my trial"? (If they resist, tell them the grey bar at the bottom only comes across as an unpopulated tool/navigation bar, and not a call to swipe).

Thanks.

• Greig.

(Tagging @brenty as I've moved this here from another thread I carelessly hijacked)

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Greig: I've been doing a lot of testing the past few days and have setup the app a few times from scratch, but I'm seeing something very different:

It may be that we've made some changes to this in the beta I'm using, but I don't think we've done anything drastic to the first run for a while, as we spent a lot of time redoing it a number of times already. If I pull down hard, I can kind of see something similar to what you're showing:

Are you maybe using display scaling to make everything super big on your device?

• Greig
    Greig
    Community Member
    Options

Ahhh, I think you've hit on it @brenty !

I have Settings / Display & Brightness / Display Zoom "View" set to Zoomed, & Text Size ramped up too.

• Ben
    Options

Ah! Well, that would certainly explain the significant difference in screen real estate. Thanks for letting us know. I’ll let the team know you ran into this issue and see if perhaps there is a way that we can better address this possibility.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.