Data did not migrate upon account creation

Options
meegull
meegull
Community Member

Good morning,

I just created a 1Password Family account. I have been using the different standalone versions of 1Password for years and finally decided to switch to the subscription.
I began the migrating process by following the video (Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account on your Mac) and I seem to have hit a bump in the road. After I was shown my Account Key, in the next page I was to enter my current Master Password. When I did, it told me it was too short. (which, yes, I have known for a while and, since it did not let me proceed without creating a better password, this seems like a good time to create a truly good one going forward). So I did create a new Master Password. I mention this because I’m taking a wild guess that this is what may be causing the following (or it may be completely unrelated).

1Password mini did not ask me to Add this Account to 1Password (I may be wrong on this one and I may just be not remembering). In any case, it may not have asked me to Unlock and Add but it definitely did not ask me if I wanted to move my items into my new account and my data/items are not migrated.

Therefore, my items are still in the original standalone vault(s) and not showing up on the new account vault. (Of course, I’m not erasing the originals until this is resolved :)).

Since we are talking about a substantial amount of passwords, I am being conservative in the “let’s see if this works” mode of trial and error troubleshooting.
Any assistance is GREATLY appreciated. I'll be glad to clarify/expound upon any of the above.

Thank you!

-Miguel

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@meegull: No need to worry! You should be able to go to Help > Tools > Migrate Primary Vault to Account and you'll be all set. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• meegull
    meegull
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply, brenty. However, that option is grayed out.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2018
    Options

Please try switching vaults (using the vault switcher in the upper left of 1Password for Mac) before selecting that option. You’ll either need to have the Personal or Private vault selected. The option will be unavailable if you are in the All Vaults view.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• meegull
    meegull
    Community Member
    Options

That did it! Thank you! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Ben, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• asimpleusername
    asimpleusername
    Community Member
    Options

Greyed out for me too. No matter which Vault I choose.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry for the trouble. As I mentioned in the other discussion, removing the Primary vault is covered at the end of the migration guide, in case it helps anyone else.

This discussion has been closed.