Firefox 1Password X shortcut key

The 1Password X shortcut key (CTRL + .) conflicts with the Multi-Container addon shortcut key, and the multi-container one always wins.
Would be helpful to be able to assign a different key.

I assume this can't be done currently?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Good morning, @SteveSharp! ☀️

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a keyboard shortcut that doesn't conflict with others! 🙂 We don't even like Command-Period but we weren't able to use Command-Shift-X as the default like we used in Chrome, and none of the browsers allow us to use our actual preference of Command-Backslash. It's a cruel world when it comes to extension shortcuts! 😂

Thankfully you can indeed change the default keyboard shortcut. To do so, ctrl-click (or right click) on the 1Password toolbar icon and select Settings. Near the bottom you'll see a setting for the keyboard. I suggest you use Command-Shift-X to match Chrome incase you switch between browsers.

I hope that helps. Please let me know,

++dave;

• SteveSharp
    SteveSharp
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

Doh Been on the settings page multiple times and still missed it. :O)

Thanks for the quick response.

Edit: On windows 10, I've gone with Ctrl + ,
    CTRL + Shift + X didn't work.

I've been very happy with 1Password Family on IOS and Windows. You guys do a great job with the product and the customer service.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Glad that's working for you, Steve, and thanks so much for the kind words. Passionate and happy users like you are why we love doing what we do. If you want to spread that love a bit, a rating and review would be super helpful. You can do that from the add-on page in AMO here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1password-x-password-manager/

Thanks again!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ 1Password
    Fort Worth, Texas

• haraldwithtwoehs
    haraldwithtwoehs
    Community Member

In Firefox Ctrl+Shift+X is now the keyboard shortcut for right-to-left mode (for bidirectional text). Just in case anyone else finds this post via Google like I did :)

• @haraldwithtwoehs, that's precisely the reason we didn't pick it as the default. :)

What keyboard shortcut do you use for 1Password X in Firefox?

• haraldwithtwoehs
    haraldwithtwoehs
    Community Member

I have switched to Ctrl + Comma everywhere after seeing the post above. It seems unused in both Firefox and my desktop environments, and the consistency across machines / browsers is important for muscle memory :)

• Thanks for sharing, @haraldwithtwoehs! It's always nice when you can find consistency across different environments. I might have to try out Cmd-Comma for myself. 🙂

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DaltonD: Not on a Mac. That's Preferences. Maybe everywhere else is okay though! :lol:

• danielph
    danielph
    Community Member

Hi! I can't find the Settings in the Mac version of 1Password X for Safari. This is what I see: http://up.strila.nl/59d178 and http://up.strila.nl/161b8a

Any ideas?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@danielph: 1Password X does not exist for Safari. It looks like you have the 1Password desktop extension installed. You can change behaviour for that in 1Password for Mac Preferences. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.