Purchased on Mac App Store. Can I use on Windows?

dlaney
dlaney
Community Member

Hi there, I purchased 1Password on the App Store ages ago and use it across my Mac, iPhone and iPad. I do not have the subscription-based model (that didn't exist at the time of purchase). I also have a Windows machine. Is is possible to use my 1Password account on the Windows machine as well? Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dlaney: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! The standalone 1Password apps are a separate purchase for each platform. You're welcome to try the 1Password for Windows version 7 beta though:

Introducing 1Password 7 Beta for Windows

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. Either way, let me know if you have any questions. :)

• dlaney
    dlaney
    Community Member

Thanks for the response and the info. If I were to buy 1Password for Windows, would I be able to have it sync directly with my iCloud so that my Mac and PC are in sync? I do know about the benefits of the membership plans. I introduced my former job to 1Password under a team plan!

• 1Password for Windows cannot sync with iCloud. It could sync with 1Password for Mac via Dropbox, if not using a membership. With a membership 3rd party sync isn’t required.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.