Trouble Changing Passwords

chapgolf
chapgolf
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

I am currently in my free trial period. I am attempting to change passwords in websites I visit. I go through the process of changing as described in your help pages. When I attempt to re-login, the passwords have not been updated or are wrong. I use the 1password icon in my tool bar to autofill. This is not working the way it is supposed to.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

Hi @chapgolf, welcome to the forum and thanks for trying out 1Password! We are happy to help!

1. Do you think you can walk me through the exact steps you are taking to change the password?

2. When you refer to "toolbar", do you mean 1Password in the browser toolbar? Or on the Mac toolbar?

3. What browser are you attempting to fill the information with?

• chapgolf
    chapgolf
    Community Member

I follow the steps in "Creating Stronger Passwords". It is the safari browser toolbar with the 1password symbol net to the window where you type in the URL. I log in to my website, change password, use the password generator with 1password. I use fill and update the password. I update it with the website and when the 1password window pops up as well. When I log out of the website and then re log in, the password that gets filled in by 1password. I am going to change to another password manager if it is going to be this difficult.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chapgolf, thanks for the follow up information.

Just to be clear, you are following the video on this page labeled "Creating Strong Passwords", correct?

Were you able to successfully change your passwords on other websites (or is it only a problem with a single one)?

Also, may I ask what website you are attempting the password reset on? Since all websites handle forms and filling differently, knowing this will allow us to try changing the password on our end to see if we can reproduce the problem.

This discussion has been closed.