To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Strange error with Firefox 60.0

Options
prime
prime
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Memberships

So I got this error. I tried to log into 1Password X for Firefox and all I get is a blank screen. So I tried to log into my account and I got this after I hit submit. I am running the latest Firefox 60.0 and it won’t let me log in. I can log into 1Password X and my account on the same computer running Chrome.
I originally got this error on Friday, but I wasn’t in a spot to restart the computer. I did today and still got this error.

1Password Version: Password X (latest)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• HelpfullWill
    HelpfullWill
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Prime, I'm sorry to hear that! I am also running the latest firefox. I installed 1Password X and the blank screen appears for me as well. I went to log into my account and it worked fine, I rebooted firefox and tried again. I got the same error message as you. I removed 1Password X and now I can sign in again. I know this doesn't help you use 1Password X (I'm sorry), but you should be able to continue to use the site if you remove 1Password X. This appears to be widespread. I'm sure they will get to it soon! Hopefully this draws some more attention to the issue!

William :)

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

@HelpfullWill thanks for the info!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@prime: Thanks for reporting this! Can you tell me more about the context? I just signed into one of my own 1Password.com accounts on the website in Firefox 60 and didn't run into any errors, so I'm wonder if the error is either correct or we're doing something different. Have you signed into the account in that browser before, or was this the first attempt? We added some error handling just over a month ago for when what's cached locally is stale, and it sounds like that might be what you're running into. Doing a Shift-Reload should help, but definitely let me know if it doesn't. Failing that, it could be that Will is right and 1Password X actually has something old in its local storage, so that may help as well. Definitely let me know either way!

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I got the same thing as @HelpfullWill said in his post. I never signed into my account on that computer on Firefox before, only Chrome. I’m going to try his suggestion and uninstall 1Password X, and see if I can log in then.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Gotcha. Let me know what you find!

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I removed 1Password X and was able to get on my account. I added 1Password back, and still a blank screen when I try to log on it.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

I got it! I checked the privacy in the Firefox settings and I had it set to never remember my history. I turned it to always remember, Firefox had to restart, and I was able to get it. I then went into the privacy settings, changed it back to never remember, Firefox restarted, and I couldn’t get in. So, it had to remember the history.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@prime: That's really interesting, and a new one to me. Thank you for reporting it! We'll need to investigate this further. Do you mean this setting?

about:preferences#privacy
    Privacy & Security > History > Remember my browsing and download history

If so I'm not able to reproduce that here. But let me know if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty
    Close. I see
    about:preferences#privacy
    Privacy & Security > History > Firefox will (drop down) remember my history. If I change it to “never remember history” is when I have the issues.

I tried again just now, and I have the same issues. I also tried on private browsing, and the 1Password X extension is blank (no login or anything).

• HelpfullWill
    HelpfullWill
    Community Member
    Options

I also have mine set to "never remember history". So I think it is that as well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@prime: That's it! Thank you! We'll see if there's something we can do to work around that. :)

ref: b5-4343

This discussion has been closed.