updating from v4

enamtil
enamtil
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

i purchased (2015)a license for 1password 4 for my mac, which was at 10.9 - now i am at 10.11 and when i 'check for updates' through the app i get a dialog that says...

_> "1Password for Mac 5.4.3 is now available. There have been 10 updates since you last updated.

Automatically updating to this version will not work. Please download the latest version of 1Password."_

unfortunately the link for the download results in - "404 Not Found nginx"
do i have other options for updating the app....?
the app is currently at v 4.4.3
thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@enamtil: Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the trouble! A lot has changed in the 3 years since 1Password 5.4.3 was current, but you can always get the latest version directly from our website:

https://1password.com/downloads/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

ref: ops-346

• enamtil
    enamtil
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

will i be able to install the latest version with my existing purchase license, or do i have to buy again....?
    and, can i install the new version over the old, without losing any saved 1password data?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@enamtil: 1Password for Mac version 6 is a free upgrade to you if you purchased versions 4 or 5. 1Password 7 will be a paid upgrade. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.