1PW "command \" not selecting correct PW for selected "Log in Page"

NK77
NK77
Community Member

Hello team 1PW

1 PW does not select the correct entry when I use shortcut "Command \" at the Log In page but presents me with a list of entries that relate to that website. Example entry under "Challenge Question" which 1PW then selects.
My Question " What determines the entry order that 1PW selects when there is more than one entry for that website"?
Please assist
Thank You

Niels
1 PW user
1Password 6
Version 6.8.8 (688002)
AgileBits Store

iMac OSX 10.13.4 latest Safari browser

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

@NK77: 1Password cannot know what the "correct" login (in your estimation) is. When it fills immediately with ⌘ \, it's because you only have a single matching login for that URL. Otherwise, what it does is, if you have more than one login which matches, presents a list to you of all of those that match the domain, in the following order (all alphabetical within each subset):

1. Exact matches for subdomain.domain.tld which are marked as Favorites
    2. Exact matches for subdomain.domain.tld which are not marked as Favorites
    3. Inexact matched (different subdomain) which are marked as Favorites
    4. Inexact matched (different subdomain) which are not marked as Favorites

If you often find that the login you want is further down the list, consider changing the URL to the place where you use it, marking it as a Favorite, and/or changing the name. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

ref: NSG-49687-463

• NK77
    NK77
    Community Member

Hello brenty

Thank you for your detailed reply. It is easy to fix this problem once you understand the rules 1PW works with.
    You explained it very elegantly, brenty and I thank you for that.
    Kind regards

Niels

• On behalf of brenty you’re most welcome. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.