Migrating to 1Password Teams

lisy
lisy
Community Member

Hey folks!

Bit of a long story but I'm sure we're not alone. We've gone from a small 5-10 person team and now are scaling up to 20-30+. During this time we've been using 1Password but in a very haphazard way.

Currently

• Some team members we have bought memberships for and sent to their personal email addresses.
  • Some team members have subscriptions which we pay for, but are sent to their personal email addresses.

Ideal Outcome
Migrate all team members to 1Password Team

• Team members keep their Personal Vaults
  • Team members will have a work vault and may have access to shared work vaults
  • All subscriptions to go through central location

What do I need to do to make this happen (if it's at all possible)
What do the users need to do?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lisy: I'm glad you reached out! Indeed, it's going to be a bit of a deal trying to create order from chaos, but we're here to help each and every one one of you along the way. :)

The most important thing is to keep in mind that an individual membership cannot be "adopted" by the team; they'll need to sign up for a new account using your invitation. Also, 1Password Teams (and Business) accounts do not have "Personal" vault, and while the Private vault serves a similar function, it should really only be used for work-related stuff, since all of that will be gone if they are removed.

That brings us to the good stuff: you may be thinking, "What's this "1Password Business" this guy is talking about, and what are my people supposed to do about using 1Password for personal stuff?" The answer is in in the same: we introduced 1Password Business fairly recently, which includes all of the best stuff from 1Password Teams, and also adds a ton of new admin features...and also 1Password Families memberships for everyone!

About 1Password Business

That way all of you can use 1Password both at work and at home without worrying about mixing the two in an awkward way. To get started, the best thing to do would be to shoot us an email at business@1password.com so we can work with all of you to get everyone setup. We're here for you. :)

• lisy
    lisy
    Community Member

@brenty thank you so much for this thorough reply!

I'll go and read more on that link and see what we can do.

Thanks again :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

Glad to help! And we're here if you have any other questions at all. Cheers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.