To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't log into 1password.com on ubuntu/chrome: outdated webapp

Options
esperto007
esperto007
Community Member

On ubuntu / google chrome 66 login fails with 'you are using an outdated version of the 1password webapp'. The suggested page update does not help. How come?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 16.04
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password login chrome ubuntu

Comments

• kurtd
    kurtd
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

I can't log in with Firefox 60.0 on Windows 10:

"Cannot sign in. You are using an outdated version of the 1Password web app. Please refresh the page to update."

I haven't tried clearing Firefox cache yet, will try later as I have a lot of tabs open at the moment. @esperto007 Have you tried that?

It's working in Edge though. 1password.com version says 494 at the bottom of the logon page.

• esperto007
    esperto007
    Community Member
    Options

yep, reload with cache cleaned. firefox works but that doesn't help much with the chrome 'X' extension which shows a blank page in chrome.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018
    Options

@esperto007: It sounds like you may be running into a known bug with Firefox on Ubuntu. You can find more details here:

Lock screen issue: 1Password X for Firefox on Ubuntu 18.04 🐛⚠️

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kurtd: Definitely try cleaning out Firefox. That should just be a caching issue. Let me know how it goes!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kurtd: However, are you perhaps setting Firefox to "Never remember history"? We've had reports that can cause a similar error as well.

ref: b5-4343

• kurtd
    kurtd
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I use the "Never remember History" option.

• kurtd
    kurtd
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I changed Firefox to allow it to remember history and that actually fixed two issues.

I can now log into my.1password.com and 1Password X no longer gives me a blank page.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kurtd: Thanks so much for confirming! I'm not sure what the solution will be, but I'm glad that workaround helped you. :)

This discussion has been closed.