Can't unlock my standalone version - master password is not accepted

karina
karina
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

So I am completely locked out of 1Password.
I had a standalone license purchase from AppStore in 2014. An app was installed on my iPhone too.

Monday 14th, I've to install Soundcloud app, it requested a password, and 1Password embedded helper appear inside Soundcloud app to type in a master password.
I thought that it was suspicious I have never seen such embedded 1Password icon on other apps.
So instead of typing my password there inside Soundcloud, I decided to check SoundCloud password inside my iPhone app. Typed as usual my Masterpassword it was not accepted, I tried again not accepted. I got frustrated. And opened my Mac 1Password to see the password for SoundCloud - Masterpassword not accepted. and so since Monday, I am locked out.

Your email support is very slow, answering once in 24h, and unfortunately not very helpful.
I have tried to:

• reboot, after "There's a bug in 1Password 6 that sometimes requires a reboot of the Mac before the app will accept the Master Password. Can you give that a try to see if it helps or not?";

• reinstall and install the app from Apple Store;

• run Troubleshooting and send reports to your customer support;
    MASTER PASSWORD STILL NOT ACCEPTED.

It has been 5 days by now, with zero progress. I am losing my patience and not sure what else can be done, so hoping you answer faster on the Forum.

Questions:
1. can you verify if the password typed is matching? I know it is the right one, but after 5 days of trying one can start doubting that the Earth is round.
2. how can I otherwise recover my data if I don't have the 1Password account? All suggestions described here are for 1Password account users https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Hope you can clarify these point for me.
Thank you in advance :)

[Couldnt select the right category]

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can't unlock my standalone version - master password is not accepted

ref: BZC-55374-262

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @karina! I'm sorry for the trouble you're having accessing your 1Password data.

It has been 5 days by now, with zero progress. I am losing my patience and not sure what else can be done, so hoping you answer faster on the Forum.

I definitely understand your frustration, but I see my colleague Andrew IS helping you via email. Although it may seem counterintuitive, asking the same question in multiple points of contact for us results only in us having to coordinate multiple responses among multiple people across multiple time zones, and actually slows down the support times for everyone, including you. I've added a link to this thread in the email conversation, but let's keep the conversation going over there, if you don't mind. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.