update/Mac/iOs/Watch.

mkevin
mkevin
Community Member

Hello Agile_peeps. I could not find a general update topic, so thought to put a suggestion here in the next major update forum. I usually have 1Password open and rarely log off (had to upgrade hardware today). ISTR the last dot upgrade required desktop, iOs and Watch apps to all be moved up to stay in sync (love the Watch app). The minor update today did not speak to having to move up other linked apps. I browsed through Agile web support and Forum (but did not have time to dig). Please mention in app Upgrades (esp. desktop) whether other linked apps will also need updates as this will guide users in deciding if there is time to spend at present or perhaps left for an asap project. Thanks for all the great work...have been a loyal user since first version and always recommend 1Password to others. michael

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:update

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

@mkevin: While you will need to update the app on other platforms eventually, we avoid having narrow update time frames with things that break compatibility. For example, if you're running 1Password 3 on your Mac, you'll need to update that for it to work with 1Password for iOS today...but 1Password 3 is years old. So while our recommendation will always be to stay up to date on all of your devices, you'll run into compatibility issues with browsres and OSes due to an outdated version long before a 1Password update is required everywhere. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mkevin
    mkevin
    Community Member

Thanks for the explanation and the process makes much better sense to me now. Keep up the great work!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome, and thanks for the kind words. We're here if you need us. Have a great weekend! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.