Remove tags from selected items

komrad
komrad
Community Member

I have a set of logins that have 2 tags on them, and I want to remove one of those 2 tags from these 40-ish items. What I have done so far is click on the tag on the left sidebar that I want to keep , and I selected all the login items

Is there a search I can do to show times that have tag A and tag B? The reason for this is I want to person an operation on logins that have tag B but not tags ( ie ( Tag B and ( NOT Tag A ) ) .

The other way do the same thing is to find times with ( Tag A ) AND ( Tag B ) and then remove Tag B from those.

To give a concrete example, say I want to update all of my passwords except the ones whose accounts I intend to delete.
1. Accounts that will be deleted are tagged "DELETEME" ( by delete I mean log into the site and follow it's account deletion process, then delete the login from 1Password )
2. All accounts are marked "CHANGEPASSWORD" , and I'll remove the tag after I change the password for each one unless they are marked for deletion.

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password Cloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@komrad: Thanks for getting in touch. Great question! :)

First, you'll want to go to the search box and click the "magnifying glass" icon to select "show search options:

Next, select "tag" and "is", and enter the tag you want to search for.

If you want to search for items that also include another tag, click the "+" to add a second search criterion. From there you can specify the second tag:

Or you can exclude items with the tag by selecting "is not":

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.