Can’t copy password when using iClip clipboard manager

rvmeush
rvmeush
Community Member

When I am using 1Password and attempt to use the copy to clipboard function, it does not show up in the list of iClip items.

If I quit iClip and do the same 1Password copy to clipboard function, I am able to paste the password that I just copied.

Would you have any idea why iClip is not working with 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:iclip

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

I don't know iClip, but some clipboard managers have options in their preferences to exclude passwords from the clipboard, and these options may be pre-chosen for you.

• rvmeush
    rvmeush
    Community Member

You are exactly right. It turns out that there was an excluded app setting in iClip. I appreciate your help.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Perhaps I should add that the reason passwords are excluded from many clipboard managers is that these usually store a history of clipboard items. That means that anyone having access to your computer could easily find such passwords.

Of course, if someone has access to your machine for more than a very short time, they could install malware. But just reading off a password is even easier than installing malware, and a curious person might just do it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great point, and a big thank you for helping to solve the mystery, danco! :)

This discussion has been closed.