1Password 7 Application Passwords

tampa_haze
tampa_haze
Community Member

I'm loving the new 1Password 7, and I'm interested in the feature where 1Password now shows relevant passwords for the app you are using.
It seems to work automatically for some apps like Slack and the Mac App Store. Question: How do I associate a password with the Amazon Workspaces app?

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Subscription, Individual Plan

Comments

• rudy
    edited May 2018

@tampa_haze,

In this first release we have a curated list of popular applications. We'll see about getting Amazon Workspaces added.

I'm not seeing a place to directly download the Amazon Workspaces app, do you happen to know where we can grab a copy or are you able to extract the bundle identifier out of its Info.plist directly?

Rudy

• tampa_haze
    tampa_haze
    Community Member

The Amazon Workspaces app can be downloaded from https://clients.amazonworkspaces.com/
    Here is the bundle identifier:

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.amazon.workspaces</string>

• rudy
    edited May 2018

@tampa_haze,

Thanks for the additional information, i've filed an issue to get it added to the mapping table.

Rudy

ref: apple-1382

• orchetect
    orchetect
    Community Member

Ideally we should be able to manually select an app to link to a login record in 1Password. There's numerous apps I'd like to extend this functionality to that may not get added to the mapping table if this remains a guarded/closed-off feature.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @orchetect,

I shall file a request on your behalf. I can't predict what the outcome will be but I will ensure your interest is recorded.

ref: apple-1393

• @tampa_haze, just to be clear, this should be associated with your amazon.com Logins, correct?

• tampa_haze
    tampa_haze
    Community Member

@MrRooni, yes, that would work for me. But I can see the need for it to be associated with another login. Can we get it associated with any logins that have "app://com.amazon.workspaces" listed as one of the websites? That way we could specify which logins we want associated with Workspaces?

• Yes, that's something we're hoping to do at some point.

• orchetect
    orchetect
    Community Member

Thanks - yes, if it worked like the 'website' fields already do that would be the most flexible. Have the ability to add multiple to a single 1Password entry in case there are multiple BundleIDs that an entry could be used with. And from a user-friendly perspective, they could be assigned by clicking a "..." button or something that lets the user select an app from their system (/Applications folder, for example), but with the ability to edit the BundleID text manually if desired.

• Indeed. We'll look into that going forward. :+1:

• mday
    mday
    Community Member

The application I'm most interested in having associated with a 1Password entry is Trader Workstation from Interactive Brokers. It's a bit different because it is a Java application (you should be able to open a "paper trading" account if you want to investigate). For Mac, it has an .app stub that launches the Java VM, with an Info.plist; but I'm not sure if you can get at that information in the same way as a native application.

Because it's Java, I imagine autofill would be harder/impossible. But simply being able to have the correct 1Password entry selected would be helpful. Even better if the password was automatically copied to the clipboard, and 1Password mini automatically dismissed. (I can easily type the username myself. Automating the password is most important to me.)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mday - I'll add your request to those requesting it here. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.