1Password 7 Mini only shows on one Space/Desktop, making it almost useless [RESOLVED]

gregggreg
gregggreg
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

I can't believe this hasn't been posted about yet that I could find. I use Mission Control/Spaces to have multiple desktops and the new 1 Password 7 Mini only pops up on one Space/Desktop, which makes it really unusable. This is a huge regression from the former version. If I tap the menu bar icon on any other Space/Desktop from the one that I first launched it from just nothing happens, but presumably it's showing up on that Space/Desktop that I am not currently on.

Does anyone know a way to force it to show up on all Spaces/Desktops? I can do that with the main app by right-clicking on the dock icon, but it doesn't seem to apply to the new Mini app and it doesn't have a dock icon to right-click on.

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• gregggreg
    gregggreg
    Community Member

I restarted 1Password and Mini and this problem fixed itself. So perhaps it's only an issue the first time you run 1Password 7? Or was a transient issue fixed by a restart.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gregggreg - thanks for reporting, and for following up. Sorry for the temporary trouble. :)

• gregggreg
    gregggreg
    Community Member

Actually this is still happening to me, and sometimes restarting 1Password doesn't solve it. Not sure what is causing it to reoccur, but likely is something to do with closing and reopening my laptop. How best can I report this bug because it is really making the new 1password mini very unusable?

• appleianer
    appleianer
    Community Member

@gregggreg
    @Lars

What helped me was to open 1Password and activate it via the Dock Icon - Options - All Desktops.
    Have a look in the video...

• @gregggreg Could you give what appleianer mentioned a try? :)

• gregggreg
    gregggreg
    Community Member

Actually I figured out that my problem isn't related to desktops/spaces, it is a bug that happens when I have a Google Chrome window open in Incognito mode. If an Incognito window currently has focus, tapping on the 1Password Mini icon in the menu bar does nothing until I give focus to a different window. This is of course a regression from the former 1Password Mini which would always show its pop-up menu when clicked, regardless of what window had focus.

How best should I file this bug? Thanks.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

A couple of weeks ago I reported a similar problem with private browsing in Firefox. Here is AgileBits' response. I'm guessing you're seeing the same bug (I call it a bug as 1Password 6 certainly didn't work that way). In any event one of the AgileBits guys will see your post here and note it so there's no need to do anything further for the time being.

Stephen

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @Stephen_C for pointing @gregggreg in the right direction for the answer.

• neonox
    neonox
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

1Password Mini doesn't show up in OS X Chrome when a HTTP Auth is open. I know you can't fill in the info, but at least 1Password Mini should appear like in 1Password 6.

EDIT: New topic: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/91103/1password-mini-wont-open-if-site-presents-basic-authentication-dialog-in-chrome#latest

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@neonox - let's keep issues in a single thread, if possible -- cross posting it in multiple places winds up slowing down the support experience for everyone.

This discussion has been closed.