Question/Comment about version 7 stand-alone

mirsky
mirsky
Community Member

I just downloaded version 7. I had been using version 6. I think $49 is an expensive upgrade, but I've decided it's better to upgrade than not.

I have been keeping my vault in Dropbox under the name 1Password.agilekeychain. When I ran version 7, it opened my Primary vault (I only have one vault) but it's Sync settings says "Sync Primary Vault with" and None is showing on the pulldown menu. I'm not sure why it doesn't see that I'm already syncing via Dropbox.

Also, I don't like some of the new design: I don't like that dark background for the area on the left. Is there any way to change that? Alto there is too much space between the tags.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mirsky
    mirsky
    Community Member

So, I've noticed there is now a new file format. My vault is now shown as 1Password.opvault.

I saved it in Dropbox.

I've deleted my 1Password.agilekeychain file.

But I am a bit confused: I also am running 1Password on my iPhone. I am using the free version. How do I make sure the app is syncing with the new opvault file?

• mirsky
    mirsky
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

I can't tell if my iPhone is still using the older data or not.

• mirsky
    mirsky
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

I am now using 1Password 7 on my Mac. It shows 1023 items. My iPhone shows only 1012 accounts so I don't think it's syncing with the new file.

They are definitely not syncing. I just created a new Secure Note and it's not showing up on my phone.

• mirsky
    mirsky
    Community Member

Okay, you can ignore this thread. I got my iPhone to sync with the new file. Sorry for all the messages.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mirsky - Wow, I feel like I came into this thread at exactly the right moment -- just after you figured everything out for yourself! 😉

Seriously, though, that's great. OPVault is a newer, more flexible and robust version of sync keychain for 1Password vaults that's actually not brand new, but if you've been a 1Password user for years, then yes, it's likely your original sync keychains were created in the Agile Keychain format. In 1Password 7 for Mac, we elected to drop support for Agile Keychain sync, so on importing your previous version data, 1Password 7 for Mac should have notified you, and offered to sync your data via the new format. But yes, you have to switch the sync from the Agile Keychain to the OPVault in every device, or they will no longer be in sync with one another. Glad you got it all sorted by yourself! And let us know if you have any further issues. Enjoy 1Password 7 for Mac!

• mirsky
    mirsky
    Community Member

Lars, thanks. I don't have any more questions at the moment.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• sardina266
    sardina266
    Community Member

@Lars I am using iCloud sync w/ 1P7 and am a longtime 1P user so likely my vault was/is in the Agile Keychain format. How would I go about verifying which version I have?

• @sardina266,

If you're using iCloud then you're already using OPVault. AgileKeychain would more come into play if you were using older versions of 1Password with Dropbox or Folder sync.

Rudy

• sardina266
    sardina266
    Community Member

@rudy Cool. Thanks for the follow up.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

We hope you're enjoying 1Password @sardina266 :smile:

This discussion has been closed.