Tried to import an old .agilekeychain but it failed and now I'm stuck

johnriordan
johnriordan
Community Member

After updating to 1P7 I tried to link my existing .agilekeychain file that exists on my machine but it wouldn't allow me. Now it somehow connected to some random vault and I am not able to log into it or do anything else for that matter?

Should I just uninstall and start over?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• johnriordan
    johnriordan
    Community Member

Well I was able to fix this issue by force closing the application via the Activity Monitor, but now I have a new problem.

When I attempt to select a data file from my machine it says that it is looking for a .opvault but I only have a .agilekeychain

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @johnriordan! Sorry about the trouble getting transitioned. 1Password 7 no longer syncs the Agile Keychain format. If you had any vaults in previous versions of 1Password syncing via the Agile Keychain format, then when you install 1Password 7, you should have been notified. 1Password 7 should then import your Agile Keychains and offer to sync your data using the newer OPVault format. You’ll get a choice of where to place the new OPVault - the default is in the same Dropbox folder as your Agile Keychain. After writing out the new keychain, you’ll need to switch all other 1Password apps to the new OPVault keychain instead of the older Agile Keychain.

If that's not what happened, would you mind telling me what the state of things is now? How many vaults did you previously have in an earlier version of 1Password? And what version are you upgrading from? When you open 1Password 7 now, what do you see?

• johnriordan
    johnriordan
    Community Member

I was never prompted to convert my agilekeychain to opvault. The 1P7 install went pretty standardly and upon completion the old 1p (dunno what version) was replaced with 7. Now I'm left with a fresh install of 7 and my old agilekeychain that I'm unable to pick up from.

When I open 1Password 7 now I just get the standard Welcome/Setup stage.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@johnriordan can you be a bit more specific? What do you mean when you say "standard Welcome/Setup stage?" These pages and workflows have changed from version to version, so I don't want to assume anything in particular. Is this the screen you see?

• johnriordan
    johnriordan
    Community Member

@Lars Correct, that is the exact screen I see.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@johnriordan - OK, thanks for confirming. Please follow the instructions in this post of mine (start after the first image you see - the one that looks like this one). Let me know how that works for you.

This discussion has been closed.