Families plan subscription, v6. How do I upgrade to v7? It hasn't automatically done it.

Options
Homeden
Homeden
Community Member

Have a 'families' plan with the app on an iMac and iPhone. The iPhone app is v7.0.6. The Mac app is v6.8.9, but it hasn't automatically updated to v7. Do I need to download and install v7? I thought subscriptions would automatically identify and upgrade.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Have active families plan subscription, v6. How do I upgrade to v7? It hasn't automatically done it

Comments

• roustem
    Options

I am sorry about the confusion! It might take another day for the new version to appear in the updater. We thought that we were pretty smart by trying to roll out the updates gradually but it did create confusion about our best customers like yourself.

It is possible to update manually by downloading the new version from our website:
    https://1password.com/downloads/

We will also try to push the updater changers sooner.

• Homeden
    Homeden
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response! Appreciate it.

If I do the v7 install now, do I need to re-register or will it automatically make the connection? I know the data will transfer over, just curious about making the upgrade work correctly. Thanks.

• roustem
    Options

Yes, it should automatically migrate the existing settings.

• Homeden
    Homeden
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thanks again!

• roustem
    Options

Thank you, @Homeden ❤️

This discussion has been closed.