Nast sync trick

csonni
csonni
Community Member

I was very disappointed when I just purchased and installed 1P version 7. I set up the sync and it brought over 1200 duplicates from the trial account I set up a year ago. Needless to say, I had to delete one by one and hopefully didn't delete any important ones. Not nice.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @csonni ,

I'm sorry for the trouble the upgrade caused. It sounds like the trial account was still signed in on 1Password 6. When upgrading it would not have been able to tell if the account was no longer used or not. We'll look into ways to avoid that in the future.

If the account is still signed in on 1Password 7 and you are no longer using it, feel free to remove it in the Preferences under Accounts.

Regards,
    Kevin

• csonni
    csonni
    Community Member

Actually, I hadn’t been signed into that account for a year or so.

• @csonni,

When you say “account” are you referring to a 1Password.com subscription membership account? That is what we are thinking of when referring to accounts. I just want to make sure we’re all on the same page before we go further.

Ben

• csonni
    csonni
    Community Member

Yes. I saw that the account was “frozen” when starting up 1Password 7. Once I signed out the account, the “frozen” notification disappeared but all the old data remained in the Primary account that I created.

• @csonni Thanks for letting us know. It sounds like the migration took place twice then. First, when you used the account a year ago, and then again when upgrading to 1Password 7. There is a way to remove duplicates if they're in the same vault:

1. Open and unlock 1Password 7.
    2. Click Help > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate Items.

If you already did, though, that isn't necessary. :)

This discussion has been closed.