Difficulty using Safari extension

This discussion was created from comments split from: I updated to the new 1 Password 7 and now my extension is not working..

Comments

• skerkvli
    skerkvli
    Community Member

I was never involved in the beta version and installed 7 today on my MBP. I am unable to use the Safari extension. Please inform on what should be done to get it working with Safari.

• Hi @skerkvli,

I’m sorry to hear about your difficulty. As your question is unrelated to the 1Password 7 beta I’ve split your post off into a new thread in our Mac category. Could you please let us know what the difficulty you’re having with Safari is? What exactly isn’t working? Are you getting an error message? What steps are you taking, what are you expecting to happen, and what happens instead?

Please answer those questions for us. Thank you.

Ben

• skerkvli
    skerkvli
    Community Member

Ben, I am not seeing a link and can not find any new split off post under the Mac category so I will go create a new post in that area.

• @skerkvli,

Do you have a 1Password 7 license or a 1Password.com membership? One is required in order to fill using the browser extensions.

Rudy

• skerkvli
    skerkvli
    Community Member

Ha, good catch. I installed the new version but things were not clear on upgrade of 'owned' family pack so I have not purchased yet. I sent an e-Mail to support but have not heard back. I stated I am not fond of subscriptions and already owned previous versions of the family pack. I asked what the differences where and the cost of upgrading an owned family pack. I get the impression that what I think was called a family pack in the past (multi user family pack) is different then the subscribed family pack.

• sgobin
    sgobin
    Community Member

I have the same problem: I downloaded from the App Store, signup for the subscription, started the 1st month free. But the extensions still don't work. Chrome, Safari MAC

• Tezkuma
    Tezkuma
    Community Member

me too. I am same to skerkvli. I want know about Safari & Chrome extension, and family pack update cost.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@skerkvli (also applies to @Tekzuma)

I sent an e-Mail to support but have not heard back.

Yep, with the launch of 1Password 7 for Mac (and the preceding beta), we're experiencing a bit of a backlog.

I asked what the differences where and the cost of upgrading an owned family pack. I get the impression that what I think was called a family pack in the past (multi user family pack) is different then the subscribed family pack.

Licenses for 1Password 7 are available for individuals only, so there is no family license to upgrade to. You can purchase multiple licenses with our special upgrade pricing, but we recommend our 1Password Families membership instead. We created 1Password Families specifically for sharing 1Password with your family. At only $4.99 a month, it’s less than $1 per family member and includes all platforms as well as all upgrades for free.

ref: MYG-94615-274

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @sgobin! I'm sorry for the trouble. Can I ask a couple of questions? First, what version of 1Password's extension do you have installed in Chrome and Safari? And second, look at the main window of 1Password (unlocked) and choose any item (doesn't matter what). Do you see a badge on it anywhere that says "Read Only," like this?

If so, that means that you cannot use the browser extensions because 1Password 7 has not yet been paid for. The two ways to do that are via a license, or - as you mentioned - via a subscription. If you're using a subscription, you should be able to visit Preferences > Accounts and see your account listed there. Do you?

• Tezkuma
    Tezkuma
    Community Member

I understand. I will purchase 1Password Families membership. Thank you. :chuffed:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Tekzuma - you're quite welcome! Let us know if you have any further questions or run into any trouble. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.