Problem upgrading to 1P7 .com

rpm4fsu
rpm4fsu
Community Member

I decided to switch from 1P6 to 1P7 .com membership. Followed the directions and created my .com account but my data had a secondary vault which caused problems in the creation of my primary vault.

I removed 1P7, and I went back to 1P6 and merged the two vaults and reinstalled 1P7.

Problem is that 1P7 remembers my first install. I would like to clean out the old 1P7 data and do an install from scratch to import the 1P6 data.

How can I do this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I decided to switch from 1P6 to 1P7 membership. Followed the directions and create my .com account.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rpm4fsu - Sorry to hear about the trouble! You shouldn't have had that kind of difficulty, but let's take this from where you are now. Versions 4 through 6 of 1Password for Mac store their data in either ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Data/ (if you had the version downloaded/purchased from us), or ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Data/ (if you downloaded from the Mac App Store. But version 7 uses a unified location for both versions, located at ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data/. To get rid of this data, please don't go diving into the Group Containers folder. Instead, do the following:

1. Open 1Password 7 and choose Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data. This will remove it properly without grabbing anything that doesn't need to be removed.
    2. Relaunch 1Password 7, and it should be as if you're a new user. You'll get the new user screen that looks like this:
    3. Choose the top option under "Used 1Password before?" - the 1password.com option and sign into your account.
    4. Once you're signed in, go to your Mac's menubar and choose File > Import. You'll get a screen that looks like this:
    5. Choose 1Password 6 in the sidebar. You'll get offered a choice of where to import it, but since you only have the one account to import into, the drop-down menu isn't much use in this case.
    6. Click Choose File
    7. You will need to manually select the data file to import. The default location may very well NOT be what you want, so make sure you're choosing whichever of the file paths I listed above is appropriated (depending on whether you had our version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password 6 for Mac).
    8. Inside the Data folder, select the OnePassword.sqlite file and click Open. You will be required to enter your Master Password from 1Password 6.

All your vaults will be created/imported with the same file structure you had previously (if you had a secondary vault called "Volunteer work," a vault with that name and contents will be created in your 1password.com account as well, etc.). Any data that was in your version 6 Primary vault will be merged into your Personal vault (meaning: if you already have items in your Personal vault of your account, the two will be merged together).

Let us know how that works for you.

This discussion has been closed.