had to empty andset up my Mac mini again. 1password icon by url box doesn't work. nothing happens

Mariekunimura
Mariekunimura
Community Member

How do I set up my 1 password again?! Although somehow I was able to get the ipw icon at the top, now that I look for the app it is not in the list of my apps or in my launch pad. I therefore cannot provide the version. when I click on the icon, it says "Safari can't open the specified address "because macOS doesn't recognize internet addresses starting with "onepassword4-extension"

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I click on 1password icon and nothing happens

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mariekunimura,

It sounds like you've installed the 1Password extension but not the application itself. The answer will partly depend on where you originally purchased 1Password from.

If you purchased 1Password via Apple's Mac App Store you should find 1Password in your Purchased tab in the App Store application. That will let you download a fresh copy.

If you purchased 1Password directly from us you can download 1Password 6 from "Downloads - 1Password" page and clicking the Using OS X El Capitan or earlier? link below the download button (which would download 1Password 7 and is a paid update).

What won't be as clear I'm afraid is where your original vault was stored. Do you happen to remember where you kept your 1Password vault? If you have a 1Password account then all your data is still safely encrypted and stored on our server and you only need to connect 1Password to the account. If you synced your data via Dropbox or iCloud the data should still be there. If it is possible you never synced your vault anywhere else you may need to rely on a backup of your Mac from before the wipe. Hopefully this won't be an issue and you know where your data is and how to retrieve it.

• Mariekunimura
    Mariekunimura
    Community Member

HELLO!
    Thank you for your fast reply. Unfortunately I am still having problems. For my MacMini I was able to download 1password from you. This morning the 1pw sign on page came on but it would not accept my password. I tried several times. The 1pw password is accepted on my Mac Air so I know it is correct. This evening rather than the 1pw sign on page coming up this other page blinks on and off. What should I do? I believe the Safari extension for 1pw is on my macMini.

Now, on my MacAir, the 1pw icon appears on my dock and on the top bar of my screen but not beside the url box. My 1pw password works on this computer, but even when I am on the page I want to put my pw into and I click on the icon on the top bar of the computer, it does not address the page I am on. It shows the list of all my logins, but when I click on the site I want it does not fill in my password.

Thank you for your help!

Marie

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

Hi @Mariekunimura,

I think we need to look at a diagnostic report and for that we need to move the conversation to email as these public support forums aren't the place for the small amount of personal information that is included in the diagnostic report (computer name, user account name etc.).

With that in mind here is what I would like you to do. Create a diagnostic report from your MacBook Air where you have a working copy of 1Password - this will let us see where your encrypted data is currently stored. Send that diagnostic report in and wait for an automated reply back from us. Then create a diagnostic report from the Mac Mini and attach the diagnostic report from the Mac Mini to the reply so the two diagnostic reports are connected. To create the diagnostic report and how to send it in: this link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support@agilebits.com.

In the first email, if you mark it to the attention of LittleBobbyTables it will make sure I'm notified if somebody else finds it first. If you were to post the ticket ID here that will also allow me to locate it and I'll help you get everything working again on the Mac Mini. If any of that isn't clear at all do let me know.

This discussion has been closed.