What happens after upgrade from 1p6 to 1p7 with apps on iphone, android, etc.

Ig13
Ig13
Community Member

The official site says "When you open 1Password 7 the first time, it will convert older vaults to the newer OPVault format" - what happens with 1Password on iPhone, which uses one of the vaults in Dropbox? Will it be able to work with the converted vaults?

Will 1password on android be able to work with converted vaults?

Will 1password 6 on another mac be able to work with them?

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.4 ios 11
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Ig13,

The various versions of 1Password have been able to sync to OPVault for a while now, the big change in 1Password 7 is that we're no longer allowing the continued use of the older Agile Keychain. So 1Password 6 (even 5) for Mac support OPVaults as does 1Password 7 for iOS. What will happen is with the existing Agile Keychain renamed sync will become disconnected on the various copies of 1Password that were syncing to the Agile Keychain. All you should need to do is re-establish sync by pointing the to the newer OPVault for that vault.

As I'm not very strong on Android I've asked one of my colleagues. I'm told the move from Agile Keychain to OPVault will mean starting over in 1Password for Android but given it was syncing prior to the change that shouldn't result in anything being lost. Our support page, How to reset your 1Password data and start over (Android) can help with this. I actually can't tell which is easier, reconfiguring sync in 1Password for iOS or just starting over so 1Password for Android may be even quicker to connect again depending on your views.

• Ig13
    Ig13
    Community Member

Thank you very much for such a detailed answer!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Ig13,

A perfectly reasonable question should receive a solid and as detailed as necessary response :smile: I'm happy it was helpful, if you have other questions please do ask!

This discussion has been closed.