1Password v7 Extension & Multiple Logged In Users on Mac

haze816
haze816
Community Member

When two user accounts are logged in on my Mac, the Command\ shortcut doesn't display suggested passwords but instead shows the prompt to install the Safari extension even though it is installed (see attached file). This appears to be happening only when two user accounts are logged in.

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password for Families

Comments

• haze816
    haze816
    Community Member

Oops forgot attachment - here it is.....

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @haze816,

Can you do something for me please.

1. Restart your Mac.
    2. Log into both macOS user accounts.
    3. Reproduce the issue.
    4. Create a diagnostic report and send it in to us.

The restart is just to give us a nice clean starting point with which to figure out what is going on. For creating the diagnostic report and where to send; this link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post the ticket ID here that will help me locate your diagnostic report and myself or a colleague will take a look.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @haze816,

I've just had a thought. It ensure we collect everything that might help can you create a diagnostic report from each user account please. Send the first and wait for the automated reply. Then reply to that second one with the diagnostic report so that the two are connected. It might be slightly overkill, it's just in case it's useful to locating the issue faster than with possibly only half of the picture.

• haze816
    haze816
    Community Member

I decided to uninstall 1Password7 and go back to version 6. Besides the issue stated above, there were other issues. Window sizing was ocasionally forgotten & 1P7 wouldn't remember that I had expanded "tags" - they'd be collapsed next time I opened the main window. All of these issues persisted after restarting my Mac.

I also wasn't fond of the inability to sort Favourites manually.

I am a long time user and will try 1P7 once some of the bugs have been ironed out.

• JoeBloeC7
    JoeBloeC7
    Community Member

I am having a similar problem.

I am using the new (non-beta) release of 1Password 7 for Families subscription service on my iMac running 10.13.4. I find that the 1Password Mini icon will not work properly when I have two users logged in to my iMac. It works normally for the Admin user but fails for the secondary Standard user. When the secondary Standard user screen is open, clicking the icon in the tool bar results in no response. When clicking the icon in the menu bar it often opens a window telling me to download the 1Password extension even though it is already installed. Occasionally, the toolbar icon has no response and sometimes it works. Further, after doing this, I often find the 1Password Mini window has opened on the Primary Admin users screen, even though it was not requested there.

This has made 1Password essentially useless for the secondary Standard user. I assume this is a "bug" that will be fixed soon.

I would like to go back to 1Password 6 as a temporary fix until the problem is solved. I do not know how to do this.

I will send you a diagnostic report from both user screens.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I, too, am a long time 1Password user and have been extremely satisfied except for this one problem.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @eishapiro,

Your existing 1Password 6 data wasn't altered at all by installing 1Password 7 so if you do wish to return to 1Password 6 it would be as simple as deleting the 1Password 7 application bundle and launching 1Password 6.

If you downloaded 1Password 6 & 7 directly from us you should have a ZIP file in your /Applications/ folder containing 1Password 6. We did that so it wouldn't interfere with 1Password 7 when launched. Extracting it and running would see 1Password 6 just as you left it. If don't have the ZIP file you can still download 1Password 6 from us by visiting our "Downloads - 1Password" page and clicking on the Using OS X El Capitan or earlier? link just below the Download button.

If you originally obtained 1Password 6 from the Mac App Store it should still be in your Purchased history in the App Store application.

Do let us know if you have any troubles and hopefully we can get this working again soon in Safari.

• JoeBloeC7
    JoeBloeC7
    Community Member

Thanks. I downloaded 1Password 6 by clicking on the Using OS X El Capitan or earlier? link and all is working well now. I hope you received my two diagnostic reports and they are helpful to you.

• JoeBloeC7
    JoeBloeC7
    Community Member

How will I know when you may have addressed this issue? Now that I have reverted back to 1Password 6, I will not be receiving any updates for 1Password 7.

Thanks very much.

• JoeBloeC7
    JoeBloeC7
    Community Member

Here are the 3 ticket ID's to help you locate my diagnostic reports:

TDJ-34173-726

ADF-15472-373

RWJ-51439-317

Again, thanks very much.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @eishapiro,

Thank you for that. I see somebody has located and merged the various diagnostic reports and moved it into the extensions bucket for me. I'll take a look and see what they tell us.

As for knowing when 1Password 7 no longer exhibits this issue. I wish I could say that I will remember to post here and let you know but my memory can be awful at the best of times and things are a little blurry as we try to answer all the questions from the 1Password 7 launch. It shouldn't be your responsibility to find out when its fixed but if you were to post here and ask if we've fixed it yet that will at least ensure we reply and can give you an informed response based on what we know of the current version of 1Password 7 at the point in time.

ref: TDJ-34173-726

• JoeBloeC7
    JoeBloeC7
    Community Member

I understand. Thanks very much.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Issue ref for future reference.

ref: apple-1428

• JoeBloeC7
    JoeBloeC7
    Community Member

Any progress in solving the multiuser problem? I still cannot use 1Passsword 7. Do you have a predicted timeline?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@eishapiro

Do you have a predicted timeline?

We don't normally pre-announce update release dates as many factors (some beyond our control) affect them. We are definitely working on it, however. Please stay tuned, and thanks for your patience.

• JoeBloeC7
    JoeBloeC7
    Community Member

Same question again: Any progress on solving the multiuser problem in safari? I feel stuck because I am using V6 and you state you will no longer "support" it, and yet V7 doesn't work well for many of us loyal users.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@elshapiro

Same question again: Any progress on solving the multiuser problem in safari?

Same answer - please see my previous answer for details. :)

I feel stuck because I am using V6 and you state you will no longer "support" it...

I do not know of anywhere we've said we will not support 1Password 6 for Mac, particularly in the near future, with it being so recently the current version. There are many, many people still using 1Password 6, and they can write in to us here, on Twitter or at our support email address and get support at no cost as part of their license purchase or membership, if they're having troubles.

If by "support" you meant: no future development attention, then yes: there won't likely be any more. Are you saying you find it unusual that when a developer releases a new version, further development stops on older versions (note: not critical security fixes or the like, but new innovation)? Because what I've just described has been my experience across virtually all the software I've owned for decades.

...yet V7 doesn't work well for many of us loyal users.

I'm happy to help you in any way I can with issues you might be having with either 1Password 6 for Mac, if you choose to stay on that version, or 1Password 7 for Mac -- but I can't and won't try to offer dates-certain for feature releases or bug-fixes.

• JoeBloeC7
    JoeBloeC7
    Community Member

Problem solved! The fast user switching in Safari OP7-Mini problem is fixed for me as of today. I downloaded v 7.0.5 BETA-2 and the problem is gone. Hooray! Thanks to everyone at Agilebits for all of your hard work. Nicely done!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@elshapiro - glad to hear it! Anyone else reading this thread; if you've not updated yet to at least version 7.0.5.BETA-2, please do that first before posting here, and see if you have the same success. :)

This discussion has been closed.