Keep getting the above. Please advise how to get 1Pass to work with Opera

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: HiSierra 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:one password does not work with opera

Comments

• @grandpamike,

You will need to update to Opera 53 in order to use it with 1Password 6.8.9.

Rudy

• gregkane00
    gregkane00
    Community Member

Opera 53.0 is the latest version. Ig would be more fair to say 1password doesn't work with Opera.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @gregkane00,

1Password 6.8.9 contained a single change, to replace the old Opera certificate details with the newer ones used to sign Opera 53. 1Password 6.8.8 with Opera 53 won't work just as 1Password 6.8.9 with Opera 52 won't. If you're running 6.8.9 with Opera 53 you shouldn't be seeing this error message and we'd need to figure out why.

• gregkane00
    gregkane00
    Community Member

It seems I have 6.8.8
    I checked in the Apple App Store and there is no update to 6.8.9 available

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gregkane00,

The older 1Password had to be removed from sale to avoid huge confusion with the release of 1Password 7. If you aren't seeing 6.8.9 as an update in the App Store try the following please.

1. Quit 1Password using the keyboard shortcut ⌃⌥⌘Q.
    2. Move the 1Password application bundle from your /Applications/ folder to the Trash.
    3. Open the App Store application and switch to the Purchased tab.
    4. Download 1Password from there.

That should force the downloading of 1Password 6.8.9. Certain App Store behaviour us outside of our control but this should work around it. Let me know if it doesn't work and until we can resolve you can retrieve 6.8.8 from your Trash so you're not without 1Password completely in the meanwhile.

• gregkane00
    gregkane00
    Community Member

Thanks for your help, its now working

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Excellent :smile: Hopefully everything will remain running smoothly now, let us know if this changes.

This discussion has been closed.