To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Correct way to update to Ver7? Did I miss an email?

mikebore
mikebore
Community Member

I have the standard subscription and none of my computers were offering ver 7 via check for updates. All were said 6.8.9 was the latest.
I tracked down the ver 7 download with some difficulty and all is well.
But left wondering what the correct way was and if I missed an email?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mikebore,

You didn’t miss anything. :) We will be rolling out 1Password 7 through the auto-updater for subscription customers at some point in the near future, but we intentionally didn’t do that on launch day to give ourselves a little breathing room. Certainly anyone who is anxious can download the update manually from the website.

As far as an email... I do believe Dave has a newsletter planned, but again, a little breathing room is probably in order. Historically we’ve found that trying to do everything day one has been totally overwhelming, and customer support response times have stretched from hours into days and even weeks. We are really intent on helping folks as quickly as possible with any issues that might arrise as a result of upgrading, or with any questions they might have prior to doing so. As such we’re trying to avoid that “all at once” rush.

Ben

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member

Ok understand that, but it does create the problem that folks like me see 1P 7 all over the internet and wonder why it is not available via updates.
    Maybe an email explaining that it will be rolled out progressively via update, and supplying the link for people who don't want to wait.

• It seems sending an email to everyone would be counter-productive given that the primary goal of having not pushed this change yet it to avoid a huge influx of email. :) But your point is well taken, and we will be pushing it out soon.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.