Version 7.0 (Licensed) and WLAN synch

Neocybersailor
Neocybersailor
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

Just wanted to confirm that that the licensed V7.0 still permits you to synch with your iOS devices by WLAN, in addition to the iCloud method.

Also I did not exercise option of synching additionally to another folder on my Mac. Does just having a current backup zip file suffice to keep me from disaster in case the update process from version 6 to 7.0 goes amiss? Have no clue where password files are stored, only the backup files.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Neocybersailor,

So 1Password 7 does still offer WLAN sync and it should be a seamless transition, your iOS devices shouldn't notice.

As for the migration process itself. 1Password 7 should recognise the presence of your 1Password 6 vaults and offer you the option of using the data. It will copy everything it requires to the new support folders and leave your 1Password 6 data alone. So should you need to you could launch 1Password 6 and it would pick up from where it left off. While the automated backups are a nice safety net, one I'm glad we have they shouldn't be needed here even if something doesn't quite go to plan thanks to the fact that 1Password 7 only copies data from 1Password 6 and leaves it in a state where it can still be used if needed.

• michaelfrankel
    michaelfrankel
    Community Member

Make sure you point out that while the upgrade process does preserve the 1Password 6 application, it compresses it into a zip file.

• tollaisle
    tollaisle
    Community Member

I've been having a lot of trouble trying to determine if WLAN was removed in 1Password 7. This reassured me, but I would still like to find the official link because no WLAN is a HUGE hurdle for me.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@tollaisle I am using 1Password 7.0.1 with WLAN sync and have been using WLAN sync throughout the 1Password 7 beta cycle. I can assure you it works. :)

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, we haven't made changes to WLAN Server in 1Password or Mac in years. It's still there, same as ever. :)

This discussion has been closed.