Categories always collapsed after reopening 1P 7 [fixed in 7.0.1 update]

Robs
Robs
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

Hi,
really enjoy the new 1P v7 on the Mac, but there's one thing that drives me a little bit crazy:
I like to have my categories expanded in the sidebar, so that I can quickly change the categories, but the new 1P 7 always collapses the categories after I close the 1P window and open it again. I want my categories always expanded in the sidebar.

Cheers,
Robert

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13
Sync Type: 1P

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Robs,

Just to make sure I'm properly visualising what you're seeing. You have the main 1Password window open and the sidebar has categories visible and expanded. You close the window as you normally would, close button in the top left hand corner and if you click on the icon in the dock when the main window returns categories, and I assume any other section, are collapsed forcing you to expand again?

I'm aware of a bug but I didn't think it applied each time the window was closed, that's why I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly.

• Robs
    Robs
    Community Member

Yes, that’s exactly what I‘m experiencing

• HenryAZ
    HenryAZ
    Community Member

I am experiencing the exact same thing, in 1PW. The Mini, however, appears to keep them expanded on re-accessing it.

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

Same and it's annoying.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

Same here, and I'd also prefer that expanded categories be sticky between sessions.

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member

Version 7.0.1 resolved this issue for me. You might want to give that a try.

• HenryAZ
    HenryAZ
    Community Member

7.01 fixed this for me, too. Now 1PW remembers not only its screen position and size, but also the Categories are expanded as I left them, and focused on Logins, as I left it.

Thanks for a quick fix!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

Same here. Open categories are sticky in 7.0.1

• Sheza
    Sheza
    Community Member

And where is version 7.0.1 Not in the App Store. I was assured there were no differences between versions.

• Robs
    Robs
    Community Member

I think it‘s still in the review process of Apple. So it‘s outside of AgileBits hands.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, sorry for the wait folks, but 7.0.1 should be available to everyone around the world through the Mac App Store now. :)

This discussion has been closed.