Is there a way to display items that DON'T have tags?

steve28236
steve28236
Community Member

Is there any way to display all your items that don't have tags? I have added some tags and want to go through my remaining items to add more.

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• DedSec85
    DedSec85
    Community Member

I also would like this feature! I accidentally deleted a tag of a dozens items and now I have to go to 300+ items to see whether they have a tag or not.

• There is a way speed this up, but it's still a bit of work.

1. Create a new tag named "tagged". Go through each of your tags, select all (Command-A) and drag the items into "tagged". This part is repetitive and manual.
    2. Select "All Items", and click the magnifying glass in the search field, choose "Show Search Options"
    3. Change the search term to [Tag][is not] and enter "tagged" in the text field.

Now you have a list of non-tagged items. You can save the search or assign them a new tag.

After you are done, you can delete the "tagged" tag.

There are variations on this theme. If you don't want to save the search, you can simply Select All in "tagged" and then click "All Items". You will see your tagged items are still selected and your non-tagged items are not selected.

• DedSec85
    DedSec85
    Community Member

@chadseld Thanks! That will work for now, but I'd rather see a "Untagged" button under 'Categories'....or something like that :-) Perhaps for a future update?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

I'm a little puzzled by what @chadseld suggests because there seems to be a much simpler method suggested by @rudy here—which works for me.

However, I don't know if it makes any difference that I'm using the licensed version of 1Password 7 as opposed to a subscription.

Stephen

• rudy
    edited June 2018

@Stephen_C,

While you can't persist a smart folder with a 1Password.com account, currently, you can still do the advanced search using the number of tags is 0 filter that I posted in the other thread.

Rudy

ref: apple-1557

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Thanks for the explanation rudy.

Stephen

• :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.