Missing vault after upgrade

yyt121
yyt121
Community Member

I was using the standalone, app-store version of 1password6 before upgrading to the website version of 1password7. I used to have my primary vault synced via iCloud and a secondary vault that was local on my computer. Is there a way to restore this secondary vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Local

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @yyt121,

Do you happen to remember how you initially set up 1Password 7? It should have found your existing 1Password 6 data in the form of the encrypted SQLite database file and that would have resulted in all your vaults being copied over. Instead it sounds as if you set up 1Password 7 using the data in iCloud which would mean no secondary vault.

The secondary vault, did you sync it at all e.g. Folder sync or does it only exist inside this single copy of 1Password 6? This will give us an indicator of what the easiest way forward is. Just to make sure it's clear, one way or another you will get the secondary vault back so it definitely isn't lost.

• yyt121
    yyt121
    Community Member

I did not sync it at all, so it was inside the single copy of 1Password6. Indeed, I set up 1Password7 using iCloud sync, and there was no secondary vault.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@yyt121: If you had a second vault on your computer, it will be in the same place now as it was before. Where did you save it? If you setup 1Password with only iCloud, there would only be a single vault as that's all it supports. Is that that option you chose during setup? Do you have backups of your data before?

• yyt121
    yyt121
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

I think the second vault was purely local to the computer. 1Password was set to sync my primary vault. My backups seem to be only of my primary vault. Is there a location where 1Password stores the local vault that I could import it from?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@yyt121: If the backups you're looking at only contain a Primary vault and you were using more than that, you're looking at the wrong backups. A 1Password backup archive contains all local vaults in use in the app at the time.

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report so we can look:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#HRS-94158-554]

If you’re reading this and you are not yyt121, this Support ID is for yyt121 only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: HRS-94158-554

• yyt121
    yyt121
    Community Member

I manually found the backups in a folder that 1Password7 wasn't searching. I also found a .sqlite file (previous vault?). Is there a way to load either without replacing my current data?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@yyt121: Honestly the only way we're going to get any further is with diagnostics, since that will show what backups you have and where they're located.

• yyt121
    yyt121
    Community Member

I managed to restore my old vault from the backups I found - so we can close this issue. Thanks for your help

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that you were able to restore. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of assistance. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.