Crash of 1password 7 whenever click mini or browser buttons

chiggler
chiggler
Community Member

I just installed stand-alone license version of 1password today, an upgrade from version 6. The app launches from the dock, but if I even touch the menu bar icon in the top right of the screen or any of the in-browser buttons (doesn't matter if its safari, chrome or firefox) then the whole app crashes immediately. Ive submitted a log to you and enclose support number below. The error message lists lots of times that it doesn't seem to find my license details even though the app shows it is licensed, so that may be the issue or maybe a red herring. I've tried completely deleting the app and all browser extensions, rebooting, reinstalling - but every time it is consistent with the same crash making it unusable.

TYR-86887-821

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: wlan

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @chiggler! I'm sorry to hear your upgrade experience hasn't been good. Thanks for submitting the report; someone will be with you shortly via email.

ref: TYR-86887-821

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

In case it helps anyone else, empty folders and blank items can cause some weird issues with the migration. So definitely get in touch so we can help. :)

This discussion has been closed.