Updating Older 1P6 Vault Fails in 1P7 - Dropbox Sync Also Not Working

jbiedlin
jbiedlin
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

All - I just tried to updated from 1P 6.8.9 to 1P7. I followed the upgrade instructions as detailed on the website and I did the following:

1) I ensured that 1P6 was updated and then I quit both the application and mini.

2) I downloaded 1P7 from your website

3) I ran the 7 installer and opened 1P7 and tried to follow the prompts. I sync with Dropbox, so I selected the Dropbox option but 1P7 would not allow me to select my older agilekeychain file as it was no in opn format.

3) I finally chose "other options" and set up the application with a new local vault. Once the initial setup was done, I then went into the preferences/sync options and tried to sync with Dropbox

4) I selected my older 1P6 agilekeychain file in Dropbox and received the prompt that the file needed to be updated to the new opn format, etc. I went through the prompts and it created the new opn file in Dropbox.

5) After selecting the new opn file for the sync, unfortunately nothing has happened. None of my data is appearing in 1P7 and it did not seem to carry over the old data from the old keychain file.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the application and changing the sync settings but nothing is working and none of my old 1P6 data seems to be loading into 1P7. I have already purchased a 1P7 license, but I am a bit frustrated this is not working and 1P7 doesn't seem to be pulling over any of my old data. Welcome suggestions.

Thanks
Joe

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

@jbiedlin - I believe you said this was taken care of in the other thread where we spoke? Are we all good here now? Let me know if that's not the case. :)

ref: XTV-61464-874

• jbiedlin
    jbiedlin
    Community Member

Hey Lars! Yes looks like we are all good now. I did some additional testing this morning and it seems to be working ok. Also followed the same procedures on my desktop and it seems to be working.

Separately, I noticed that after the 1p7 install, in my applications folder on my Mac the old 1p6 application was put into a .zip file - is that normal? I went ahead and deleted and it seems fine.

Thanks again for help.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jbiedlin,

That ZIP file is normal. Rather than moving the entire application to the Trash, which could upset some, we zipped it up just to make sure macOS couldn't effectively see the older version and attempt to use any part of it. You are definitely free to delete it if you're happy with 7 and everything is running well.

This discussion has been closed.