Two factor or not two factor

2»

Comments

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    lonevvolf wrote:

While it does answer my question, it almost defeats the purpose - after all, it is called 1Password, not 1Password+1More. :) I will most likely revert to carrying around a USB key on my keyring (in fact, I've already ordered one) with a backup of the 1Password file in case of emergencies.
    Yes, you've discovered the irony. :-D

In fairness to Agile, it is a single password as far as all your websites are concerned when you have 1PW running but, you're right, it is not really a single password for your more general digital life. Actually it is 1PW+6 more if you read what Jeff does. Adding 2-factor for dropbox would make that 1PW+7.

Despite this, 1PW is still currently the best way of addressing the most common cause of digital insecurity but remember that security is a process not a product. No doubt as you use the product more, you will think more about your processes and modify them accordingly.

The USB key seems like a good idea. However, don't let that be your only backup. I hope you never do but you might easily lose both your keys and phone simultaneously.
  • lonevvolf
    lonevvolf
    Community Member

The USB key seems like a good idea. However, don't let that be your only backup. I hope you never do but you might easily lose both your keys and phone simultaneously.

Agreed. Actually, I have a notebook with 1Password on it, desktop at work with 1Password, Time Machine backups, an iPad, iPhone, USB stick, and online backup (but that one requires a password, so there's the same Catch-22). I hope that's enough!
  • Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    lonevvolf wrote:

Agreed. Actually, I have a notebook with 1Password on it, desktop at work with 1Password, Time Machine backups, an iPad, iPhone, USB stick, and online backup (but that one requires a password, so there's the same Catch-22). I hope that's enough!
    You would have to be very unlucky to simultaneously lose all of those!!!
This discussion has been closed.