App uninstallation and data deletion after 1P7 upgrade

holy_piranha
holy_piranha
Community Member

Hi guys,

Up until today, I was previously running 1Password 6.8.9 from the App Store (on licence, not subscription), syncing with my iPhone via my opvault in Dropbox.

Have upgraded to 1P7 by downloading the new app from the App Store (no update available). Launched 1P7, created a new account and it successfully imported all of my data from 1P6. I have checked my (new) 1Password online account, 1P on my Mac and 1P on iOS, and all seem to be working fine. Obviously, I now have two vaults showing in 1P on my iPhone - my existing 'Primary' vault and my new 'Personal' vault.

• Am I right in thinking that I can now simply move 1P6 on my Mac to the trash and also delete the opvault from my Dropbox account? (1P7 will be installed on my Mac, with one not two vaults on my iPhone).
  • Should I leave the 1Password Safari Extension installed and configured as it is? (I want to continue to use it)

Many thanks,

Rob

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @holy_piranha! Glad things went smoothly for you. And yes, you can remove the local Primary vault from your 1Password for iOS, assuming all the data from Primary was successfully transferred to your 1Password account. The way to do that would be to visit Settings > Advanced > Erase All 1Password Data (less scary than it sounds, now that everything's on your 1Password account). This will do what it says, then quit 1Password. Re-launch 1Password for iOS and sign back into your account. Voila! - no duplicated entries, and only the one vault.

Regarding 1Password 6 for Mac on your Mac, yep - you can delete that. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to your Mac's Trash. And yes, you can delete the OPVault from your Dropbox account as well. Assuming you have version 4.7.1 of the 1Password extension installed, this is the latest one for now. Let us know if you hit any snags, but it sounds as if you're all set! :)

• holy_piranha
    holy_piranha
    Community Member

Thanks Lars - much appreciated! :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@holy_piranha - you're quite welcome! Glad I was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.