Name has a "7" where before there was no "6"

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

I'm using 1Password 7 standalone whereas before I was using 1Password 6 MAS.

The official app name is now "1Password 7" whereas before it was just "1Password". I was hoping that it was just a beta thing but it seems to have stuck around. Quite annoying since having the "7" in the app switcher, menu bar, dock mouseover, etc.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @whiteblade,

Hopefully after a while it doesn't feel as intrusive as I suspect we will continue to retain the version number in the title.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

While I hope you re-consider, would changing the name on my end by renaming the app give me any trouble re updates (or really any logic that is looking for the application name)?

• invalidptr
    invalidptr
    Community Member

@whiteblade why is it annoying?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@invalidptr I think I was pretty clear. It's visual distracting and unnecessary to have the version number show up everywhere

• dkav
    dkav
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

I agree with @whiteblade. My preference for the application name would be just 1Password.

• Sheza
    Sheza
    Community Member

Agreed. It's tacky. You shouldn't have to care about the version number except for troubleshooting etc. You don't see 'Ulysses 13' or 'PDF Expert 12' do you?

• pbGuy
    pbGuy
    Community Member

I will add my vote for no number in 1Password, & I’m using 7.

By example, it’s too bad Apple allowed itself to be trapped into marketing as numbered iPhones. (I can’t wait for iPhone 20. 😋 I’m now using a X. So, is my next model a 9 or XI ? ...The number diminishes the strength of the name “iPhone.”)

I’ll be disappointed with AgileBits, if we’re looking at 1Password 8 in the next version. ...Please be smart. Don’t fall into same trap as Apple.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

+1

I would also like to see the number disappear as it creates confusion, IMO, as an end user.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It'll be okay. I think we'll all get used to it. We did with Mac OS X! :tongue:

But in all seriousness, we couldn't very well call it just "1Password", as we already have an app in the Mac App Store by that name. :dizzy:

• Sheza
    Sheza
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

So may I suggest you remove it from standalone and let users have the choice.

Or re-name the old one or something

• ag_kevin
    edited May 2018

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. While there are no plans to change it right now, we'll take your feedback under advisement.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.