1PW7...bouncing when you don't want it, not bouncing when you do

btownguy
btownguy
Community Member

So when I restart my Mac I notice that 1PW7 fires up in the Dock, bounces, and then disappears. I would rather it not do that but I believe the reason is that the 1PW mini application is now the same process as the main app and that has something to do with it. Okay. I also noticed that when I run the full 1PW7 application and it starts up, it no longer bounces in the Dock. All of my other applications bounce in the Dock when I start them up. Is there a reason for this?

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@btownguy: I'm sorry for the confusion. "Bouncing" of Dock icons is handled entirely by macOS. And with 1Password, you'll really only see this because there's an error or notification of some kind. So I think the important thing is understanding the trigger. I have actually seen this happen much less with the new "unified" design because there are fewer moving parts. What is the context when this happens on your Mac? Regarding 1Password not bouncing in the Dock, if it is still running in the background (menu bar, browser) then macOS would not "bounce" it when you open the main window, as the app is already running.

• btownguy
    btownguy
    Community Member

That makes sense. The app is already running (even though it doesn't have a dot underneath it in the Dock). A little different than the normal way apps work, but at least I understand it now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, that's a fair point. It's a bit confusing. 1Password does work differently than many other apps...but when I'm using it in my browser I'm really glad of that! Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.