How do I rename a tag in V7? And how do I delete a Smart Folder?

Jeff Burger
Jeff Burger
Community Member

I can't seem to do either.

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:rename tag 1password 7

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Jeff Burger,

If you select a tag and then left tap once more on the name it should allow you to edit the tag from the sidebar. There is an Rename contextual menu option but that might be weirdly broken. To delete a smart folder select it, right click and pick the Delete contextual menu. You will be asked to confirm the deletion.

Des that help with both parts?

• revdlc
    revdlc
    Community Member

I'm not having trouble renaming Tags; when I click on a Tag name it enters edit mode, but I am having Jeff's experience of not being able to delete Smart Folders. I'm not getting a contextual menu with right click (or option-click, or control-click). I've tried the (obvious) Delete key (with the Smart Folder selected). I've tried Command-Delete, "Delete" from the Edit menu (it's grayed out), "Move Item to Trash" from the Item menu (it's grayed out), dragging the folder to the trash (which highlights, but doesn't accept the unwanted folder), and everything else I can think of. Agilebit's engineers have hidden this one well (or it's, as you say, "Weirdly broken.") This is as true with 7.01 as it was with 7.0.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry for the trouble there. We're looking into it.

This discussion has been closed.