iOS app auto updated. Chrome extension doesn't see the app installed

joedredd
joedredd
Community Member

Hi,

I see v7 has been released, I use the standalone version as I don't like subscription based services and avoid them like the plague.

My questions is - now my iPhone app has auto updated to the current version, will it start conflicting with my desktop v6?
I guess not if I don't upgrade the vault - but how long will the iOS app support v6 vaults I wonder?

I'm thinking that my Chrome extension has also auto updated as it now "can't verify the identity of my browser" and is saying Desktop App Required. Removing and re-adding does not help. Similar to the Opera issue in the previous version. Will 6.8.9 be the last version so I'm destined not have Chrome work without upgrading?

I feel like I'm being railroaded into an upgrade I didn't need with feature I didn't particularly want and being asked for what I perceive as an unreasonable upgrade cost, I'm hoping someone can tell me that's not what's happening here?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @joedredd,

1Password 7 for iOS will work perfectly in conjunction with 1Password 6 for Mac. I even retain 1Password 6 for Mac alongside 7 for troubleshooting and support and they can happily coexist in terms of synced data.

1Password 6 does still support current versions of Chrome and Opera. For Chrome you can safely ignore the new extension title, that's just to help distinguish it from 1Password X, our 1Password account extension to allow support on the likes of ChromeOS.

Odds are if you're seeing a verify identity error there is a pending Chrome update. If you follow the suggested steps at Update Google Chrome you should find everything starts working again. If that doesn't resolve it please say.

btw, be careful; impersonating a judge is definitely a crime - just ask Heston :tongue:

• joedredd
    joedredd
    Community Member

Chrome update - Bingo! Thanks.
    I'll keep on using 6 for a while then. :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Glad I could be of help :smile:

This discussion has been closed.