Browser extensions fail to work after downgrade

anga201
anga201
Community Member

Hi there!

After you guys announced the release of 1Password 7 I wanted to take a look at it by myself - while not buying a new license straightaway. (Also I had issues with the sync, but that should't be discussed here.) This means temporarily downgraded back to 6.9.8 and didn't noticed any problem with that.

In Google Chrome (which was open while that) the extension automatically detected the change and still works as intended. However, Safari and the Canary build of Chrome (which both were closed) are now mad at me for not working at the bleeding edge. ;) When I click on the 1Password icon in these browsers they still want to open an onepassword7-extension URL to activate the extension. This obviously this cuases macOS to not find a suitable application for that URL scheme, whereby 1Password 6 cant handle it.

Of course I tried reinstalling the extensions without any success. Is there anything to change this?

Kind regards!

1Password Version: 6.9.8
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• martinpannier
    martinpannier
    Community Member

I have this problem too. Please help :)

• pixibuex
    pixibuex
    Community Member

I need help for the same problem!

• malte_bellmann
    malte_bellmann
    Community Member

rebooting my mac solved this exact problem for me.

• pixibuex
    pixibuex
    Community Member

mine was solved after reboot too

• Hi @anga201! Did restarting your computer help here as well? The folks above say it helped them, and it's the main thing I'd suggest to start. Let me know how it goes! :)

• anga201
    anga201
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

Hi @Jacob.
    A reboot didn't really helped, but my situation doesn't fit under my original post any more., because meanwhile I decided to upgrade to v7 after all.

I still had issues after upgrading to 7.0.2 but 7.0.3 seems to fix the issue with Safari (Safari loses focus for a split second but 1Password mini didn't appear) and
    as for Chrome Canary your knowledge base article helped.

Kind regards!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@anga201 - glad to hear you've gotten back up and running! Let us know if there's anything further we can do to assist. :)

This discussion has been closed.