Password Generator x2, and no updated login

krusnof
krusnof
Community Member

When using the PW generator on a site, it creates 2 of the same credientials in the PW section in sidebar. This is with 1PW7.
Also, it then in-browser, it doesn't offer to update the existing login when already present. This is on a few sites. I'm aware in previous versions it still couldn't do it every site, but most.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @krusnof! I'd love to take a look at this and see if I can get the same issue on my end. Are you generating the password in an item, or using the password generator in 1Password mini?

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

In Mini on a new site

• Sheza
    Sheza
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

I hope you don't mind me coming in on this, @krusnof

I have also noticed this. I went on a password-updating spree recently as well as creating a few new accounts. For the updated passwords, there were a few times when it wouldn't notice to update the existing login. My guess is a URL clash - the sites probably changed the domains at which you access account features, so 1Password didn't know.

But for the new accounts - every time without fail I will use the password generator in 1Password Mini and it will show up as two separate password entries in 1Password, and I convert one of them to a login and have to delete the other one manually.

(As an aside - isn't 1Password supposed to convert these to logins automatically? I think there may be an issue where sites ask you for your email address, a nickname, and a password. 1Password takes the nickname as the username even though the site will only let you login with your email address because the nickname was just for fun)

• @krusnof @Sheza Thanks folks! It looks like we've been tracking this one, so I'll add your reports to ours. I appreciate the details :)

ref: apple-1344

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

Thanks Jacob. Feature request for the forum—I wish I could give a thumbs up or something to acknowledge your action.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@krusnof - no worries! Glad we were able to add your reporting to our tracking on this, and we hope to have a fix out for it soon. Stay tuned!

This discussion has been closed.